ADK Stewardship Ambassadors inspire ADK’s community to protect New York’s public lands by sharing stories through writing and visually captivating media. You’ll help ADK advocate for the stewardship of New York’s public lands while you recreate outside through your words, photos, and videos.
We want human powered recreationists (hikers, paddlers, cyclists/ mountain bikers, campers, backpackers, etc. ) who are passionate about sharing their story while on the trail. We want you to share your adventures and also share the importance of being a steward of New York’s public lands.
We are looking for individuals who…
- are passionate about environmental conservation and Leave No Trace practices
- are talented storytellers and communicators
- have an eye for capturing the beauty that is around them while they are recreating outside, and can convey it through words, photography, or videography
- are able to look beyond the surface and see things in a broader context
- are curious about natural and human history
Why be an ADK Stewardship Ambassador?
Being an ADK Ambassador means you’ll play a significant role in inspiring people to protect New York’s wild places. It also means you’ll get to share your adventures with our social media audience of more than 75,000 outdoor enthusiasts. You’ll also get some complimentary ADK swag.
- Be an enthusiastic writer, photographer, or videographer (or any combination of the three).
- Document your outdoor adventures through social media and/or a blog
- Send us substantial content about your adventures at least twice a month (ideally once every 2 weeks). Substantial content examples include:
- 4 Facebook and/or Instagram posts each month with a photo and thoughtful, engaging caption.
- Blog posts or essays of at least 250 words with at least 2 accompanying high-res photos
- 10+ high-resolution photos (at least 300dpi, 8MP or 3200 pixels on the long edge)
- 30+ secs. of edited video ready for posting
- 2 minutes+ of raw video for us to edit
- Must be willing to provide ADK the right to use (without limitation) images, writings, and video of your adventures.
Applications due April 15.
Click here to apply.